- The final statement of the summit must include a message of opening towards Serbia's accession to the NATO structures;
- The statement must mention the Black Sea area as a region of interest and a strategic security element within NATO's security policy;
- Maintaining the commitments the Alliance made on full coverage of the NATO territory by the anti-missile shield;
- Maintaining the commitment to protect the energy infrastructure;- Romania supports the re-launching to the NATO - Russia cooperation;
- The final document must encourage Montenegro and Bosnia in their intention to join NATO.
Friday, 3 April 2009
Romanian Summit Objectives
Romanian media are reporting a speech by Romanian President Traian Basescu. His main objectives for the Summit are listed as: